Running College-Semester 2
Orientation/Fitness Level Time Trial: September 20th
Each year I stage a comprehensive Running College. This fitness program offers the beginner ratio walk/jogger and the seasoned runner the skills to reach their highest potential as a distance runner. I have had countless first timers complete their first half or whole marathon and many seasoned runners run their fastest event and some even qualifying for Boston.
Develop a lifestyle of physical fitness
2 Semester Course
A Walk to Run© Program
By Lynn Gray, M.S.
RRCA Certified Running Coach
Semester 2 – September – October - December (in progress)
Progressive Workouts Include:
* How to do a Stamina Workout
* Why is the "one mile" Workout So Critical
* How to Strengthen Your Running Form
* Hill Training for Intermediate Participants
* Increase Breathing Efficiency
* Techniques of Endurance Running to Make Your Event Time Goal
* Develop Your Goal Paces for the 5K, 10K, 15K, and Half Marathon Distances
* Critical Workouts to Improve Your Overall Performance...yes...to doubles!
* Learn to Do "Pushes" and Integrate Them in Your Monthly Schedule
* The Mental Side of Running to Reach Your Potential
* How to Taper; Why, When, and What Happens as a Result
* Race Day Strategies; Start to Finish Line Preparation
Cost: $250.00 – with individual detailed schedule - $300.00
Participants: Most will be experienced runners. Deposits of $100.00 will be taken to hold your place and are refundable until beginning of program. Your deposit will be put toward your first payment. $100.00 deposit due by end of August to hold your spot...save your pennies!
Semester 2 $15.00 off for Running College re-joiners
ORIENTATION and talk time to go over rationale and goals of workouts - Sept. 20th - Sunday 4:00pm